We are really excited to share with you the second book in Jessie Lane’s YA/NA Paranormal Romance series, THE FROZEN STAR! Available now! And we’re ecstatic to have one of the authors in this writing duo join us today! if you haven’t started this incredible series yet the first book, THE BURNING STAR, is available for just 99Cents for a limited time only!
Hi everyone! It’s Melissa from the Jessie Lane duo, and today I’ve stopped by Little Read Riding Hood today for a chat. HI there Laura! Thanks for having me.
1. How different is writing YA from writing adult, and do you find it difficult to go back and forth? A filter is placed on Young Adult/New Adult that needs to stay in place in order for it to be in that genre. For instance, the graphic nature of a scene whether it be horrific or intimate needs to be classy and toned down for the audience it is intended for. I do find it a little difficult in the aspect of wanting to get the scene to portray correctly on paper, just like I see it in my head.
2. In TFS we catch up with many of the characters from TBS, and meet several new people. Who are your favorite male and female characters? Everyday my favorites change, so today I would have to say Liam and Kay. There’s a scene where Liam gets to show off his acquired skills, showing us why he carries his title of Master of Arms. And then I’m also hooked on the chapter where Kay embraces her powers.
3. There are several POV changes in the story, how do you keep them all straight in your head? It all depended on where that chapter was headed and who the main character was in it. The majority of the story was told in either Kira or Kay’s POV, however some things had to come to light with the help of men in the story.
4. When you get stuck on a scene, how do you work through your writer’s block? Do you have a process? I tend to talk it out with my husband and get his opinion on what direction I should go. I also have a few other author friends that I can bounce some ideas off of.
5. What are some of your favorite YA books to read? The Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer, The Mortal Instruments series by Cassandra Clare, The Fallen novels by Lauren Kate, House of Night series by P.C. Cast and The Morganville Vampires series by Rachel Caine.
6. Do you have a favorite author? Who are some of you “auto buy” authors – those people that you buy and don’t even have to know what the book is about? I have a few favorite authors. Cassandra Clare, Lauren Kate, Marissa Meyer, Melissa De La Cruz, Rachel Caine and P.C. Cast.
7. Some this or that-
Sweet or salty? Sweet
Cat or dog? Dog
Beer or Wine? Wine
Coffee or tea? Both
Beach or Mountains? Beach
Before I go I’d like to say a big THANK YOU to Laura for letting me stop by and chat today. I hope you all will check out Jessie Lane’s latest release, The Frozen Star, from our YA/NA Paranormal Romance & Fantasy series! Happy Reading!
The Frozen Star
Book #2 in the Star series
by Jessie Lane
Release Day: May 29, 2014
The journey continues:
Kay had discovered secrets, lies, shocking truths, and even love in a strange new world hidden from humans. Everything she thought she knew was turned upside down when she found out three things:
– She wasn’t human.
– She has a power she can’t control.
– And there was a possibility that she had found a way to cure the cancer that was rapidly killing her with that very same power.
Then, just when she was on the precipice of gaining everything she wanted and saving her own life, tragedy struck. Will she be able to fight her way back to Ryan and save herself in the process?
Kira had lived a terrifying and confusing life of servitude and abuse under Lord Donovan and his son, Cole. It was an existence that had stripped away her emotions, and eventually, her reason to keep fighting. Just when she thought freedom was within reach, Lord Donovan struck again, ruining her plans and almost killing her in the process. When she awoke from her injuries, it was to stunning revelations that would change her life forever. Changes that she was not entirely sure she wanted to embrace.
Persistent individuals such as Prince Kane refuse to let her walk away, though. Will she embrace all of the sudden fortune in her life? Or will she walk away from those who need her most, forsaking their acceptance and love?
(will be made available when the book is published)
Amazon | Barnes & Noble | Kobo | All Romance/Omni Lit
Jessie Lane is the best-selling author of The Star Series, Big Bad Bite Series and the Ex Ops Series.
She lives in Kentucky with her two little Rock Chicks in the making and her over protective alpha husband. She has a passionate love for reading and writing naughty romance, cliff hanging suspense, and out-of-this-world characters that demand your attention, or threaten to slap you around until you do pay attention to them.
You can follow Jessie at: Website, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Goodreads & her Amazon Author Page
Jessie writes Upper YA Fantasy/Paranormal Romance & Adult Paranormal and Contemporary Romance. She’s currently working on her next two novels, The Demon Who Loved Me (Big Bad Bite Series #3) and Stripping Her Defenses (Ex Ops Series #2).
M.L. Pahl (Melissa) has departed from the Jessie Lane pen name to pursue other things. She will be sorely missed, but I know she has an amazing future ahead of her. You can follow M.L. Phal at: Facebook and Twitter.
You can also check out her Facebook page that she shares with her older brother Matthew Leo for their upcoming book, Zombies Don’t Ride Motorcycles, HERE.
*1 Signed Paperback of The Burning Star & 1 Signed Paperback of The Frozen Star by Jessie Lane
*$25 Gift Card to Amazon OR Barnes & Noble
a Rafflecopter giveaway